Best Region? - Fiskesnack.com - För oss bakom flötet...

Allmänt meddelande

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Region?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Klockan
  • Visa
Clear All

• Best Region?

I'll be traveling from Oslo to Stockholm end of May / early June in 2024. Never fished Sweden and doing research. I'm looking for monster Pike.. but also not be on a heavy fishing pressure lake.

Should I avoid Vattern and Varnen? Should I also avoid Dalsland, or are there quality fishing lakes there that are quiet that time of year?

Is it worth the extra time to drive up to a place like Halsingland?
    Any advice for an area to look to is greatly appreciated. I want to have a great experience, but not sure if it's worth the extra time going out of my way further North when Dalsland or Varmland is just as good.

If it helps, I'm 100% catch and release.

Thank you!

Have you got your own boat or looking for a rental one?

Kommentera

I'll be looking for a guide with a boat. At least 1 day but likely 2. Thanks!

Kommentera

These guys can help you Sportfishing Dalsland - For fishing, nature, outdoor activities, holidays and more ! - About us

Kommentera

Thanks! These guys are in Dalsland so I would imagine they'd say Dalsland is the best region? Hoping to get a unbiased resource on what region I should look towards. Like.. if Varmland has no crowds, but fewer large Pike, so not worth it. Or Dalsland has biggest fish but is full of other boats, etc.. for the 1st week in June (also maybe that time of year going further North is better for cooler water?)

Kommentera

Most guides is fishing the baltic sea. But unfortunately the fishing has went reel bad, over fishing, seals and commorons.

Vänern and Vättern is greate lakes with big pike, but quit many fishing. But they are real big lakes, more like fishing in the sea so don't think you will be bothered of other people. It's not always fishing this big lakes but with a good guide you can probeble find some meter + pikes. Espescilly i Vänern. Don't know any guide guiding there all the time but many well known guide do that in periods.

Otherwise all district in sweden holds meter + pikes and in many small lakes you can have greate fishing. You just need to find a guide or maybe easier a rental boat. My best tips, avoid baltic sea and avoid the big citys if possible. Pike thrive on neglect.
            Senast ändrad av Niklar; 2023-03-20, 10:45.

Kommentera

Ursprungligen postat av PikeFisherer Visa inlägg
              Thanks! These guys are in Dalsland so I would imagine they'd say Dalsland is the best region? Hoping to get a unbiased resource on what region I should look towards. Like.. if Varmland has no crowds, but fewer large Pike, so not worth it. Or Dalsland has biggest fish but is full of other boats, etc.. for the 1st week in June (also maybe that time of year going further North is better for cooler water?)
              I think that Dalsland is good enough for you The Dalsland Canal Expedition - Fishing for GIANT pike in Sweden - YouTube

Kommentera

Foton

Collapse

Det finns inga resultat som uppfyller dessa kriterier.

Relaterat

Collapse

Ämnen Statistik Senaste inlägg
              Startad av Fiskado, 2023-07-17, 11:28
              0 svar
              125 visningar
              0 gillar
              Senaste inlägg Fiskado
              av Fiskado

Startad av franzen90, 2023-09-18, 12:06
              0 svar
              127 visningar