Peak season coming to its end - Fiskesnack.com - För oss bakom flötet...

Allmänt meddelande

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peak season coming to its end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Klockan
  • Visa
Clear All

• Peak season coming to its end

As always May is one of our most busy months for sportfishing, and this year was no exception. Most of our boats has been fully booked for the last month or so during weekends, while some whole weeks has been very well booked to. However, the peak season is now coming to its end. We still have fishing groups coming for several more weekends in the next few weeks but no more super busy periods until autumn season.

Whole May has been very warm for being our area. Actually, sun has been shining more or less every day and very low winds overall. Since temperatures has been high, water temperatures also went up to about 18 degrees in the shallow areas already in the beginning of May which is very early to.

Results is always variating, and will always do. An estimated average catch per boat and day would be somewhere around 7-13 pikes/boat and day. A few boats reported up to 70 pikes in one day for one boat, while other boats in different weekends could report only a couple fish caught per day. In general it's no secret that the groups which spend most hours on the water, combined with having most experience of fishing in our area, is the groups who most of times reach the best results.

Many guided trips was booked in May this year. Results on these has been very variating. Normally, we catch between 5-15 pikes per half day trip and 10-25 pikes in a whole day but this month results was lower than normal. Some big fish was caught during the guided trips in May with the top pikes measuring 114, 105,104 and many +90cm.

Overall, whole May can be explained in one word. "FOLLOWERS!". This is in my opinion mainly positive. And what I mean is that more or less every group in May reported about many pikes just following their lures. It's for sure nice to know and learn that many groups experience that there is plenty of fish in the water, even though not even close to all of them has been interested to be caught. Last week during a guided trip I told my guests that we've had plenty of followers lately. So I decided to actually count the amunt of followers in the first area. During two drifts of maybe 150 meters each, we had 18 followers of what we could see, but only one of them was caught. Some days is simply tricky!

To all of you who have visited us during this spring. Please send us any pictures taken during your stay @ Camp Dragsö Sportfishing. This year we have three prices for the best pictures, and the winners is to be announced at December 1st. Take the chance to win a guided trip worth 3800SEK, or second price 1000SEK voucher as second price, and 500SEK voucher as third price. Vouchers can be used as part payment of any fishing packages next year. And the best thing, you can compete with as many pictures as you would like. There more pictures you send, the bigger is the chance to win!

// Daniel Wickman
    2018-05-27

Läs mer på bloggen

Jag erbjuder mig att korrläsa era inlägg på engelska. Gratis.

Från en fiskare som värnar det lokala företagandet till en annan.

Kommentera

Foton

Collapse

Det finns inga resultat som uppfyller dessa kriterier.

Relaterat

Collapse

Ämnen Statistik Senaste inlägg
    Startad av Erik Walmann, 2012-03-24, 17:00
    1 svar
    5 266 visningar
    4 gillar
    Senaste inlägg Old Firehand  
    Arbetar...
    X