15kg från Henrikstorp.....The Story! - Fiskesnack.com - För oss bakom flötet...

Allmänt meddelande

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15kg från Henrikstorp.....The Story!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Klockan
  • Visa
Clear All
new posts

  • 15kg från Henrikstorp.....The Story!

    Myself ‘Colin Goodey’ and ‘Chris Thornhill’ had been planning to meet each other and spend a 2 week session at a Perstorp water during the summer period for quite some time back, here is the run down of the session.
    Chris and myself had never met before even though we are both ‘English’, Chris is originally from Liverpool and I’m originally from London, but never the less after a long struggle I managed to find him and so the contact between 2 crazy English men had started!.

    The decision of fishing ‘Hennrikstorpssjön’ in Perstorp was made and the preparation was under way, I had studied the lake on my previous visits and had discussed the ‘pros & cons’ of the 2 lakes (Ybbarpssjön & Hennrikstorpssjön) with Chris and a decision was made to fish ‘Hennrikstropssjön’.
    I had arrived on Ybbarpssjön on Thursday 14th July 2005 with my wife ‘Helene’ and decided on a spot near the car park (first mistake!!) after losing a carp on the first night and having to listen to mopeds screaming past extremely close to my bivvy, I was glad that the following day Chris Thornhill and his girlfriend Jeanette would be arriving and promptly leaving together bound for Hennrikstorpssjön which was a short drive away.

    Chris had eventually arrived at the lake around 1:05am Friday 15th July, with his car hanging on the ground with the weight of his equipment putting his car to the ultimate test!. After the initial greeting process we had agreed to leave the girls in the car park as we drove round to Hennrikstorpssjön to find the swim we had discussed but as we rounded the corner leading up to ‘sjöhuset’ I noticed that even though the floating Island had been grounded directly in front of the swim (due to low water levels) it had left a beach area that was perfect for all the equipment we had it took some time to convince Chris that this swim had produced several large fish in previous years, and that due to the remoteness of the area, finding and transporting all our gear to the opposite side would be a painful task.
    Once we had transported all our gear around and had set up the bivvys, the morning light was well upon us and sleeping now would be difficult as the expectations of hooking a carp were giving us the extra energy we needed to continue

    Myself and Chris had been cooking particles all morning and proceeded to set out marker floats into the swim and bait with particles and boilies and fished over the offerings ranging from 30-120metres distance.
    We sat and waited many days and had discussed moving to the opposite side as originally decided before the holiday, and so settled on moving at first light the following day. We had time to reflect on the big move and wanted to maximise our chances so after making and rolling bollies on the bank and preparing more particles Chris and I made our way to the opposite side to find and pre-bait the swims we would fish. Chris had a great idea to walk around the lake close to the bank so as not to miss any swim that might be around, we were very stressed and hot having to fight our way through the thick forest, Chris had unknowingly disturbed a wasps nest and had to make a run for it and according to him had contemplated diving into the lake if the wasps were still behind him once he had got to the lake edge!!. We passed through all the swims on the south side and had come to the edge of the golf course which is forbidden to fish from land.
    After lots of discussion we had decided to fish swim nr:11 (golfbanaviken) and to my surprise was another swim between nr:11 & 12 which hadn’t been there before but as the lake was approx 30cm to low the swim had been made temporally accessible After pre-baiting and later returning the same night to set out more bait we returned to ‘Sjöhuset’ to start packing up for the big move.
    We had begun to make our way back to the swim and upon arrival saw my wife running arms in the air shouting something, we had realized that Chris’s girlfriend ‘Jeanette’ had a screaming run! And unfortunately the carp had snagged her a short distance from the bank, now it was action stations, I had pumped up the boat and was entering the water to help Chris take this fish from the snag but it was too late. As all carpers know after losing a fish you sit contemplating what when wrong, but before we could make sense of what had happened Jeanette had a screaming run which startled us all, after a long battle the carp was landed and took the scales round to 8770g and a NEW PB for her , to our amazement just 3 minutes after Jeanette had another screamer which she was determined not to lose, after a short fight the line snapped, even though we were a little disappointed we couldn’t help being amazed at getting 3 runs in less than 15 minutes!! (a lake record to the best of my knowledge).
    After a long and wet struggle to transport the gear in the rain to our new swim we were finally settled again and were hoping for our luck (especially mine) to change.
    On Thursday 21st I left the lake to travel by train down to Malmö to retrieve the base mix and flavours that I had ordered and returned to the lake around 5pm that night.
    It was on the 21st July when I finally got what I came for!, at 19:50pm as we were eating, I was startled to hear a screaming run and fled to my rods and struck into the fish, my rod was bending right over and saw that the fish had already made its way into the lilies and even though I entered the water to get a better angle on the fish it had thrown the hook!, disappointed and shaken I continued to fix the rod with new bait and cast to the same spot hoping for another chance of a carp.
    I was rewarded on the 22nd July with a run at 8:20pm and after a sporting battle I had it in the net and smiling as the scales showed a 8,1kg Mirror Carp!, Chris and his girlfriend had lost another couple of carp by this time, even though we all had our fair share of bream and tench.
    It rained heavily for a few hours and after it settled we had sat us around the fire and were enjoying a beer or two and joking around with each other, as the night drew closer we had retired to our bivvys and were settling down for the night.
    I was rudely awakened at 4:05am with an absolute belting run, I scrambled out of my sleeping bag to run down the bank, forgetting my shoes as I hadn’t any time, as I reached the rods I could see the carp was peeling off an enormous amount of line and struck into the fish!, Chris promptly joined me in the water and successfully landed the fish around 10 minutes later, as I looked into the net I cried out “Yahooooo!” & danced around like a bellend, as I realized it was a monster…it topped the scales at a whopping 15,4kg Common (approx: 33.8Ib)

    After sending a few sms’s I was greeted on the bank early next morning by Mats Lindahl and a rep for ‘Svenska Karpklubben’ and we all proceeded to take pictures of the fish for publication on some of Sweden’s biggest carp sites including http://www.screamingdelkims.se !
    During the next few days my time was filled reminiscing on my new Swedish PB and the occasional Bream or Tench, on the 24th July I lost another carp at 6:10am to the lily pads.
    At 1:05am on the 25th July I was again awakened from my warm bed to land a smaller fish, 8,2kg Mirror As you can see I couldn’t resist putting on my England football shirt for the photo!! “One for you England”!!
    Once again all was quiet on my swim anyway, Chris had landed a 11,8kg Common which he had waited for a long time, his girlfriend had also lost a carp to the dreaded lily pads as we all were at times!.
    My last fish of the holiday came on the 27th July at 6:38am it was a 6,2kg Common and even though it was small I was pleased and still buzzing over the PB I caught several days earlier.

    The days were drawing to an end so quick after that day and before I knew it I was saying my goodbyes to the lake and to Chris and ‘frogy’ and reluctantly left the lake wishing that we had a further couple of weeks to spend getting to know each other having fun, but I will sleep better knowing that it wont be long until we meet again to fish other lakes, I know what I’ll be dreaming of! “Runs, Runs and more Runs!!”
    Cheers Chris, Froggy (Jeanette) and “brax-man” (Fredrik) for a great two weeks full of laughter, excitement and great company!, it really makes the difference when fishing side by side with another fanatic!!
    We did England proud mate!!

    For all the photos of the fish we caught and loads of funnies that we threw in for good measure go to

    http://www.screamingdelkims.se/henrikstorp2005.php

    Colin Goodey
    Colin@screamingdelkims.se
    Senast ändrad av Carpgirl; 2005-08-13, 21:43.

  • #2
    Lots more fishing reports coming soon:

    Check out Colins Article : Perstorp Carp Lakes Revealed
    It's Better to have it & not need it, than need it and not have it!

    God has DELKIMS & a 42" Landing Net!

    ____________________________________________

    www.screamingdelkims.com

    Excalibur Leads

    Kommentera


    • #3
      nice article! I really enjoyed it !=)

      Kommentera


      • #4
        I thought it was very well written aswell (Colin must have been drunk) Cheers mate
        It's Better to have it & not need it, than need it and not have it!

        God has DELKIMS & a 42" Landing Net!

        ____________________________________________

        www.screamingdelkims.com

        Excalibur Leads

        Kommentera


        • #5
          Nice story and nice to hear that my "homelake" is good for some sort of fishing.
          Haven't fished much carp myself here but maybe I should get started .
          Welcome back to Perstorp anytime .

          Kommentera


          • #6
            Ursprungligen postat av MclarenII
            Nice story and nice to hear that my "homelake" is good for some sort of fishing.
            Haven't fished much carp myself here but maybe I should get started .
            Welcome back to Perstorp anytime .
            Thanks mate, I wish i lived where you do. Get carping in Henrikstorp, there are some monsters in there.

            Have a look at the photos from the 2 weeks on your homelake:




            It's Better to have it & not need it, than need it and not have it!

            God has DELKIMS & a 42" Landing Net!

            ____________________________________________

            www.screamingdelkims.com

            Excalibur Leads

            Kommentera


            • #7
              Ursprungligen postat av Carpoholic
              Thanks mate, I wish i lived where you do. Get carping in Henrikstorp, there are some monsters in there.

              Have a look at the photos from the 2 weeks on your homelake:




              http://www.screamingdelkims.se/henrikstorp2005.php
              Yeah, I saw them before. Really nice. I'm really considering getting some gear for carpfishing. Nothing fancy, but just to get me started. Maybe I'll see you here sometime, hell maybe I'll be the one in a boat you'll have to yell at .

              Kommentera


              • #8
                English man SMASHING a lake near YOU!!!

                Well thanks guys for reporting on my fish...and ...WOW...what a fish!! I've been fishing in Sweden now for roughly 2yrs and have caught many carp with the biggest last year (2004) at 12,5Kg Spegal and this year (2005) 15,4Kg Fjäll (33.8Ib)...... Unfortunatly for all those of you out there that wish to find out more about the lakes and tactics will have the same problem as i did...!! absolutley none!!
                in my experience the swedish carp anglers (who are a tight nitted bunch) wont let out any secrets or in anyway help with thier fellow fisherman!! (not including the EXTREMLEY NICE & HELPFULL....." Mats Lindahl"), so 'ive had to sit on the bank day after day after day ...turning into weeks and weeks.... at last now i have a better understanding of the water and how CARP in SWEDEN behave (as its nothing compared to ENGLAND)....its been a long road full of dissapointment, anger and generally losing patience with my hobby...but as i was told when i first started fishing...
                "Time is the KEY to catching fish..." 'how true they were!!'
                Im from ENGLAND and enjoy catching carp as much aas seeing someone else catching carp......so if there's any TIPS or INFO your looking for then i will do my best to help you! (as coming from the UK, i have a little advantage over here which doesnt need bragging about...YOU HAVE SEEN THE EVIDENCE!!
                Do you want to know more? Learn new things that may give you that extra edge? Want to know where to buy those items that Swedish shops NEVER seem to have in stock?

                Then waste no time at all and email me at:

                colin@screamingdelkims.se

                or visit:

                https://<span style="color:Red">www....kims.se</span>

                (english ELLER svenska tal okej)

                Screamingdelkims is run by 'Chris Thornhill & Colin Goodey', we strive towards helping you and your friends to ENJOY and UNDERSTAND everything about CARP fishing.......Catching carp is magical........Knowing YOU have caught carp using some of our tips etc is subliminal!!!!
                Remember WE ARE ALWAYS A SHORT EMAIL AWAY FROM THE ANSWER YOU SEEK!!! (and for those who have no respect for fisherman on the bank...... I've bought myself a NEW baseball bat!! see you soon!!)


                [FONT=Book Antiqua]NR1[/FONT]
                Bifogade filer
                Senast ändrad av UK1nation; 2005-08-16, 00:14. Anledning: pictures went in wrong

                Kommentera

                Foton

                Collapse

                Det finns inga resultat som uppfyller dessa kriterier.

                Relaterat

                Collapse

                Ämnen Statistik Senaste inlägg
                Startad av Hornswoggle, 2024-06-22, 11:38
                2 svar
                813 visningar
                0 gillar
                Senaste inlägg marryjoy63  
                Startad av Mathias 70, 2025-09-24, 15:35
                2 svar
                458 visningar
                3 gillar
                Senaste inlägg HarpoonMan  
                Startad av _pitch, 2026-07-26, 09:46
                6 svar
                440 visningar
                0 gillar
                Senaste inlägg Shifts
                av Shifts
                 
                Arbetar...
                X